A. PERSONAL DATA
Full name: Okwara, Nneoma Ezichi Kalu
Former name: Kalu, Nneoma Arunsi
Marital status: Married
Date of assumption: 25th March, 2013
Status on first appointment: Lecturer II
Present status: Lecturer I
Date of last promotion: 1st October, 2016
Department and Unit: Veterinary Medicine/ Avian Unit
B. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES
National Veterinary Research Institute (NVRI) Staff Primary School,
Vom, Plateau State (Primary 1-5; 1986-1991)
National Veterinary Research Institute (NVRI) Staff Secondary School,
Vom, Plateau State (JSS 1-JSS 2; 1991-1993)
Maiduguri International Secondary School (Educational Trust)
(MISET) Maiduguri, Borno State (JSS 3; 1993-1994)
Federal Government College (FGC), Maiduguri, Borno State
(SS 1-SS3; 1994-1997)
University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri ,Borno State (1998-2005)
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State (2010-2013)
University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Enugu State (2015-date)
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED
Junior Secondary School Certificate (8 As; June 1994)
West African School Leaving Certificate (June, 1997)
DVM (Maiduguri, Feb. 2006), with six distinctions in the following areas:
I. Veterinary Medicine
II. Veterinary Anatom
III. Veterinary Reproduction
IV. Veterinary Public Health
V. Veterinary Parasitology
VI. Veterinary Physiology
Certificate in Computer Application and Appreciation (MERIT level; 2006)
Certificate of National Service (NYSC); August, 2007
MSc (Avian Medicine): 2013
phD in view (2015-date)
ACADEMIC PRIZES WON
1-Francis Brisibe Adamagu Memorial Prize for Best
Graduating Student in Veterinary Community
Medicine. 2004/2005 Session.
II-Mrs Tuboudiegha Brisibe Memorial Prize for Best
Graduating Female in Veterinary Community
Medicine. 2004/2005 Session.
a. Research Experience: “Studies on some serum biochemistry parameters on apparently healthy adults horses in Maiduguri, Borno State. DVM Project, November, 2005.
b. NYSC: Veterinary Officer, Rufai Farms, Talata Mafara, Zamfara State. September, 2006 – August, 2007.
c. First Inland Bank PLC: Management Assistant I, 5th November, 2007 – 31st December 2009.
d. Micheal Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, P.M.B. 7267, Umuahia, Abia State as Lecturer II, March 2013 – date.
D. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
-Veterinary Council of Nigeria (VCN)
– Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association (NVMA)
E. LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1) EgbeNwiyi T.N., Kalu N.A. and Naphtali C. (2012). Preliminary studies on some hematological and serum biochemistry parameters of apparently healthy adult horses in Maiduguri, Nigeria. Afri. J. Biomed. Res. Vol. 15 (January 2012); 49-53.
2) Kalu N., Chah K. F., Anene B. M. and Ezema W. (2015). Respiratory mycoplasma infection in chickens in Nsukka Agro-ecological zone, Enugu State, Nigeria. J. Vet. Adv., 5(7): 1036-1045.
3) Ukwueze C.S., Orajaka C.F., Okorie-Kanu C.O., Mshelbwala P.P. and Kalu N. (2015). Rabies in 5 months old German shepherd. International Journal of Medical and Pharmaceutical Case Reports. 4(1): 21-24.
4) Okwara N., Ibekwe C. and Madubuike K. G. (2016). Clinical and hematological effects of glyphosate herbicide on Clarias gariepinus juvenilles. J. Vet. Adv., 6(4): 1237-1241.
5) Okwara N. (2016). The level of awareness of respiratory mycoplasma infections among poultry farmers in Nsukka Agro-ecological Zone, Enugu State, Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science (IOSR-JAVS). Volume 9, Issue 5, Ver. I. pp 33-37.
6) Okwara N. (2016). Avian mycoplasmosis: A review. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science (IOSR-JAVS). Volume 9, Issue 5, Ver. II. pp 33-37.
7) Okwara N. (2016). Aspergillosis in turkeys: A review. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science (IOSR-JAVS). Volume 9, Issue 6, Ver. II. Pp 40 – 41.
8) Daniel-Igwe G. and Okwara N. (2017). Breed-specific hematologic reference values in adult turkeys (Meleagris gallopavo) in the humid tropics of Nigeria. Folia Veterinaria 161, 1:11-14.
9) Daniel-Igwe G. and Okwara N. (2017). Breed-specific biochemical parameters of healthy adult turkeys in humid tropics in Nigeria. Journal of the Hellenic Veterinary Medical Society. Accepted for publication.
F. CONFERENCE/ WORKSHOP/SEMINAR ATTENDED
1) 47th Annual Congress of the Veterinary Medical Association (Markudi 2010). Markudi, Benue State. 4th – 8th October, 2010.
2) 50th Annual Congress of the Veterinary Medical Association (Abuja 2013). Abuja FCT. 11th – 15th November, 2013.
3) A 3 day workshop on Fish Health Management. July 1st – July 3rd, 2014 at Faculty of Veterinary Medicine board room, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State.
4) Veterinary Council of Nigeria (CVN) Continuing education seminar at International Conference Centre, Owerri, Imo State 2014.
5) 52nd Annual Congress of the Veterinary Medical Association (Garden City 2015). Port Harcourt, Rivers State. 16th – 20th November, 2015.
6) 53rd Annual Congress of the Veterinary Medical Association (Coal City 2016). Enugu, Enugu State. 1st – 4th November, 2016.
G. COURSES TAUGHT
– VEM 512 (Avian Medicine)
– VEM 524 (Aquatic, laboratory and wildlife medicine)
– CVM 511 (Clinics I)
– CVM 521 (Clinics II)
– CVM 611 (Clinics III)
– CVM 621 (Clinics IV)
H. UNDERGRADUATE PROJECTS SUPERVISED
1) Evaluation of some contemporary anticoccidial drugs in the broiler chicken. December, 2014. Ukonu, Chukwuzimuzo Erastus
2) Clinical and hematological effects of glyphosate herbicide on Clarias gariepinus juveniles. December, 2015. Ibekwe, Chuka
I. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Reading and badminton.