Full name: EMEME, MARY UCHEAGHA
Marital status: Married
Present Status: Lecturer 1
College: Veterinary Medicine
Department/Unit: Veterinary Medicine/Equine
A. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION ATTENDED DATE
Ugba Community Primary School, Bende Road, Umuahia 1975-1980
Girls’ Secondary School Umuahia, Abia State 1980-1985
University of Ibadan, Oyo State 1985-1991
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State 2006-2016
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION OBTAINED DATE
West African Examination Council 1985
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 1991
Certificate in Computer Proficiency,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 2007
Certificate of Recombinant DNA Technology,
Centre for Biotechnology Research and Training,
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria 2009
Master of Science 2011
Doctor of Philosophy 2016
B. WORK EXPERIENCE
1. Previous experience outside MOUAU
Resident doctor at Mac Veterinary Clinic. Shendam, Plateau State
2. Work Experience in MOUAU
Lecturer and clinician at Veterinary Teaching Hospital, CVM, MOUAU
C. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association
D. List of Publications
1. Ememe, M.U., Abdullahi, U.S. Sackey A.K.B . and Ayo, J. O. (2013). Effects of Harmattan on Erythrocyte Osmotic Fragility and Malondialdehyde Concentration in Goats Administered with Resveratrol. Nigerian Veterinary Journal, 34(4): 883-889.
2. Ememe, M.U. and Ayo, J. O (2015). Effects of Harmattan on Haematological Parameters in Goats Administered with Resveratrol. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment, 15:1
3. Ememe, M.U., Tchokote, E. Y. and Akpuoye, O. C. (2015). Studies on haematological parameters in horses located in Port Harcourt Nigeria. Merit Research Journal of Biochemistry and Bioinformatics, 3(1) 1-4.
4. Ememe, M.U., Mshelia, W. P. and Ayo, J. O (2015). Ameliorative Effects of Resveratrol on Oxidative Stress Biomarkers in Horses. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science, 35: 518–523.
5. Ememe, M.U., Abdullahi, U.S. and Sackey A.K.B. (2015). Modulatory Effects of Resveratrol Supplementation on Inflammatory Markers in Ageing and Lame Horses. International Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances, 7(4): 67-72.
6. Ememe M. U., Edeh R.E., Abdullahi U. S., Sackey A.K.B. and Ayo J. O. (2016). Changes in Hematological Parameters and Erythrocyte Osmotic Fragility in Lame and Aged Horses Administered with Resveratrol Supplement. African Journal of Biomedical Research, 19(1): 1-7.
7. Ememe M. U., Abdullahi U. S., Sackey A.K.B. and Ayo J. O. Mshelia, W. P Edeh R.E., (2016). Effects of Resveratrol Supplement on some biochemical parameters in aged lame horses. Journal of Equine Science, 27 (1): 19-21.
8. Ememe M.U. (2015). Vaccines. A Veterinary Public Health Manual for Clinics. College of Veterinary Medicine, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike. 1st Edition, Naphthali prints. Pp 14-26.
9. Akpabio, U., Uzuegbu, O.M., Ememe, M.U. and Onyegbula, O. (2015). Level of compliance with Vaccination or against Rabies among Dog Owners in Umudike and Environs, Abia State Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment, 16(1): 101-107.
10. Ememe, M.U. (2016). The Haematological and Biochemical Parameters of Apparently Healthy Adult Male and Female Horses in Kaduna, Nigeria. Journal of Sustainable Agriculture and the Environment, 16:1.
11. Ememe, M.U. (2017). Researchers Test Joint Supplement’s Impact on Old Horses. The Horse.com
12. Ememe, M.U. and Ememe C.O. (2017). Benefits of Super Food and Functional Food for Companion Animals. Superfood and Functional Food: An Overview of their Processing and Utilization. IntechOpen Publisher, London. Chapter 15, Pp 309-323.
13. Danbirni, S., Kaltungo, B., Sulaiman M.M. Ememe, M. U. and Mikail H.G. (2017). Coccidiosis in two 6 month –old Bunaji bull calves in Majeru village, Zaria L.G.A of Kaduna State. Proceeding of 42nd Annual Conference of Nigerian Society for Animal Production. 26-30th March 2017, Landmark University, Omu Aron. Pp 723-726.
14.Danbirni S., kaltungo B.Y., Sulaiman M.M., Ememe M.U., Mikail H.G. and Saidu S.N.A. (2017). The use of oxytetracycline in the treatment of coccidiosis in Bunaji bull- calves in Zaria local Government area of Kaduna state. Vom Journal of Veterinary Science Vol.12, 2017: 75 – 79.
15 Ememe, M.U., O Onyegbula, FC Egwuogu, CU Nlebedum & CC Ogbu (2018). Babesia caballi infection in a 6-month-old colt. Sokoto Journal of Veterinary Sciences, 16(1):102-106
16. EMEME, M. U., Danbirni, S., Adenaike, E.A., Kaltungo, B.Y., Sinkalu, V.O.,Hudu, M.G., Mohammed, S M., Andsaidu,S.N.A. (2018) Haemonchosis in a 2-year-old Kano Brown Nanny-goat – A case Report. Vom Journal of Veterinary Science, 13: 52 – 56.
17. Ememe, M.U., Sackey A.K. B. Ayo, J. O. (2018). Evaluation of resveratrol supplementation on laboratory animals, cats, pigs, horses, dogs, cattle and birds. “Resveratrol – Adding life to years, not adding years to life” IntechOpen Publisher, London (In Press).