A. PERSONAL DATA
NAME: UCHECHUKWU, Nneka Victoria Stephen
MAIDEN NAME: Ekechukwu Nneka Victoria
MARITAL STATUS: Married
STATUS ON 1ST APPOINMENT: Lecturer II
CURRENT STATUS: Lecturer I
DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Theriogenology / Theriogenology
B. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH (DATES):
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Ongoing
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 2012
University of Nigeria, Nsukka , 2006
University of Nigeria Secondary School, Enugu Campus, 1998
Udi Road Primary School, Asata, Enugu, 1992
ACADEMIC/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION (WITH DATES):
Doctor of Philosophy, Theriogenology In view
Masters Degree, Theriogenology, 2012
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) 2006
West African Senior School Certificate 1998
First School Leaving Certificate 1992
Certificate of training in Recombinant DNA Technology, National Centre for Biotechnology, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, March, 2009.
C. WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT OUTSIDE MOUAU:
A. Veterinary Assistant, COSIN Nigeria Limited, 2003.
- Assisted the Resident Veterinary Doctor in clinical cases and ambulatory services
B. Veterinary Officer, Veterinary Hospital, Wukari, Taraba State, Nigeria, (NYSC), 2007 – 2008.
- Clinical duties
- Ambulatory services
- Livestock extension services
- Surveillance and disease reporting
2. WORK EXPERIENCE IN MOUAU:
Lecturer II 2013 – 2016
Lecturer I 2016 Till date
D. MEMBERSHIP OF COMMITTEES/BODIES:
1. Member, Climate Impact Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement (CIRCLE) for Sub Saharan Africa, Institutional Strengthening Programme of the Directorate for Research and Development of the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
2. Member, Local Organising Committee, World Rabies Day Commemoration, 2016. College of Veterinary Medicine, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
E. MEMBERSHIP OF OUTSIDE BODIES /COMMITTEES:
1. Member, Women Advancement Forum, International Exchanges, Research and Academia (WAFIRA) in Nigeria facilitated by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
2. Member, Women Empowerment and Advancement Forum (WEAF), an arm of the Centre for Ethics and Sustainability Development (CESD), Nigeria.
3. Member, Community for Climate Change Mitigation in Agriculture, A community of Practice facilitated by Mitigation of Climate Change Agriculture (MICCA) Programme, Food and Agricuture Organisation (FAO).
F. MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
1. Member, Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association
2. Member, International Veterinary Information Service
3. Member, Community for Climate Change Mitigation in Agriculture, facilitated by Mitigation of Climate Change Agriculture (MICCA) Programme, Food and Agricuture Organisation (FAO).
G. SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
1. Abonyi, F. U., Ekechukwu, N. V. and Omeke, B. C. O. (2007). Growth and carcass traits of cockerels finished with graded levels of maize replaced ammoniated PKC diets. Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association Book of Proceedings, Page 142 - 145. Held 22 – 25, October, 2007 at Petroleum Training institute, Effurun, Warri, Delta State. ISSN 0331 - 3026
2. Uchechukwu, N. V. S., Rekwot, P. I., Ogwu, D. and Odirichukwu, E. O. (2015). Evaluation of physiological variables and semen characteristics of Anak 2000 broiler breeder cocks. Journal of Veterinary Advances 5(6): 968 – 975. DOI: 10.54.55/jva.2015060506221. ISSN: 2251-7685.
3. Uchechukwu, N. V. S., Odirichukwu, E. O., Rekwot, P. I., Ate U. I., Ogwu, D. (2015). Sperm reserves and morphometric analysis of reproductive organs in Anak 2000 broiler breeder cocks. Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. Vol. 8, Issue 8 ver II, PP. 31 -35. e-ISSN:2319 – 2380 p-ISSN: 2319 – 2372. DOI: 10.9790/2380-08823135.
4. Odirichukwu, E. O., Uchechukwu, N. V. S., Mbegbu, E. C and Ogwu, D. (2015). Spasmogenic activity of the aqueous methanolic extract of unripe Carica papaya fruit in isolated uterine muscles of the rat. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Vol. 8 Issue 1, Pp 1 – 10. DOI: 10.9734/BJPR/2015/19248.
5. Odirichukwu, E. O., Uchechukwu, N. V. S. and Ogwu, D. (2016).The aqueous methanolic extract of unripe Carica papaya fruit distrupts oestrous cycle in albino rats. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. Volume 9, Issue 5 Ver. II (May. 2016), PP 57-62. e-ISSN: 2319-2380, p-ISSN: 2319-2372. DOI: 10.9790/2380-0905025762.
6. Uchechukwu, N. V. S. (2016). Effect of time of insemination on fertility and hatchability rates of Anak 2000 broiler breeder hens. Journal of Animal Production Advances, 6(1): 880-883. DOI: 10.5455/japa.20160201120446 ISSN: 2251-7685.
7. Uchechukwu, N. V. S. , Odirichukwu, E. O. , Raheem, A. K. , Ifenkwe, D. C. (2016). A case of superfoetation in a large white sow. IOSR Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science. Volume 9, Issue 5 Ver. II (May. 2016), PP 63-66.e-ISSN: 2319-2380, p-ISSN: 2319-2372. DOI: 10.9790/2380-0905026366
8. Ibe, C. C., Uchechukwu, N. V. S. and Rekwot, P. I. (2016). Determination of metabolic profiles at pre partum and postpartum stages in Fresian x Bunaji and Bunaji cows. Entomol. Appl. Sci. Lett., 3 (3):27-33 Thomson Reuters Indexed. ISSN No: 2349-2864.
9. Raheem, K. A., Uchechukwu, N. V.S., Odirichukwu, E. and Onyegbulam, O. Placenta retention in the cow: report of three cases. (2016). Sokoto Journal of Veterinary Sciences, Vol.14 (2):72 – 76. P-ISSN 1595-093X/ E-ISSN 2315-6201. http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/sokjvs.v14i2.11. Published by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto, Nigeria.
10. Uchechukwu, N. V. S., Ibe, C. C. and Ate, I. U. (2016). Haematological values of Friesian x Bunaji and Bunaji cows at pre insemination, pregnancy and post partum stages. Scientific Research Journal Vol 6. ISSN: 2201-2796 .
11. Raheem, K.A., Odirichukwu, E.O., Uchechukwu, N.V. S and Ibiam, A. (2016). Comparative biometric study of internal reproductive structures of White Fulani and Red Bororo cows. Applied Tropical Agriculture, A publication of the School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology, The Federal University of Technology, Akure, Nigeria. ISSN: 1118-6712.
H. CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS ATTENDED:
1. Women Advancement Forum, International Exchanges, Research and Academia in Nigeria Conference, organized by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) held at the University of Lagos, 13 – 15 April, 2016.
2. Grant Proposal Writing Workshop organized by Climate Impact Research Capacity and Leadership Enhancement (CIRCLE) for Sub Saharan Africa, Institutional Strengthening Programme of the Directorate for Research and Development Unit of the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, held February, 2016.
3. Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association Annual Conference, held at Port Harcourt, Rivers State, September, 16 – 20, 2015.
4. Veterinary Council of Nigeria Continuing Education Seminar, held at Government House, Owerri, Imo State, 17th June 2014.
5. Veterinary Council of Nigeria Continuing Education Seminar, held at Arewa Hall, Kaduna, Kaduna State, 17th October, 2007.
A. CURRENT AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
Improving reproductive status of Livestock and Avian Species using antioxidants.
B. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Resilience and diligence,
- Effective team work, target and result oriented,
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Integrity and honesty.
C. SERVICE TO RELEVANT PUBLIC BODIES:
- Guest Facilitator for Bio Security Measures in Poultry Production in Rural Communities. Commercial Agriculture Development , A World Bank Assisted Project, Enugu State (2011 – 2014).
- Vice President, Millennium Development Goals Advocacy Project, Taraba State Nigeria (NYSC), 2007 – 2008
- Public Relations Officer, Healthcare Community Development Scheme, an affliate of Medical Health Workers Union of Nigeria (NYSC), 2007 – 2008.
J. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Reading, Internet surfing, Singing