Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM DVM, MVSc (Ib) PhD (Lond)
Acting Head of Department
Senior Lecturer and Consultant Theriogenologist
Department of Theriogenology, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Abia State, Nigeria.
Nationality : NIGERIA
State of origin : OYO
Local Govt. Area : Ibadan North
Marital status : Married
No of Children : 3
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Degree of Award Period of study Date
PhD 2010-2013 2013
Royal Veterinary College
University of London
MVSc 2006-2008 2008
University of Ibadan,
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine 1989-1997 1997
University of Ibadan,
Senior Lecturer 2015 to date
Lecturer 1 2013 to 2015
Lecturer 11 2008 to 2013
Department of Theriogenology,
Michael` Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Veterinary Medical Director 1997-2008
Jupiter Veterinary Consult, Trans-Ekulu, Enugu.
NYSC Veterinary Officer 1997-1998
Dept. of Veterinary Services,
Ministry of Agriculture, Enugu State.
Laboratory Analyst 1989-1990
Nigeria Breweries Plc, Alakia Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
· Tertiary Education Trust Fund Academic Staff training and development scholarship for a PhD programme at Royal Veterinary College, UK. 2010-2013
· SRF Student conference grant 2011, 2012,2013
· British Cell Society Travel Award 2011
· “Innovators of Tomorrow” (IOT) Research Award: World Bank Step-B Project
University of Ibadan on MSc dissertation 2010
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
· Member, Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria
· Member. Society for Study of Reproduction
· Member, British Society of Cell Biology
MAJOR RECENT TRAINING/WORKSHOP/CONFERENCES ATTENDED
· Fellowship Surgery Specialty Theriogenology Option College of Veterinary Surgeon of Nigeria from 2014 to 2018
· Continuous Profession Development 2018: Sustainable Veterinary Livestock Production in Nigeria for Global Market. Veterinary Council of Nigeria, Owerri. September 20th, 2014, @ e-Library, IBB Way, Uyo, Akwa Ibom
· 6th African Veterinary Association/53rd Annual Congress Of The Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association Joint Congress 2016 Oct 31–Nov 4, 2016, Nsukka, Enugu State
· Continuous Profession Development 2014 Advancing Veterinary Practice A a Toll for Economic Development. Veterinary Council of Nigeria, Owerri. August 14th, 2014
· Center For Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology 2016 Capacity Development Workshop on Molecular Biotechnology. Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, 15th-19th June, 2015
· Society for Reproduction and Fertility: St. Catherines College, Oxford, United Kingdom, July 2015
· Workshop on Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology: Centre for Molecular Biosciences and Biotechnology, MOUAU, June 2015.
· Animal Behavior and Welfare, Online Course, University of Edinburgh, Sept 2014
· Continuing Professional Development, Veterinary Council of Nigeria, Owerri, 2014
· Continuous Professional Development 2012 Bovine Diagnostics The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, UK 26th-27th July 2012
· 46th Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria. 19-23rd October Anambra 2009
· Annual Conference Nigeria Society for Animal Production University of Uyo, Uyo. March 15th -18th 2009: 85-87
RESEARCH EXPERIENCE/ EXPERTISE IN CURRENT MOLECULAR BIOTECHNOLOGY
· Tissue Culture
· Enzyme link immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
· Polymerase Chain Reaction (quantitative and qualitative)
· Oocyte culture
· In Vitro Fertilization
· Embryo Culture
· Primer design
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
· Advanced Microsoft Words
· Advanced Excel
· Power Point
ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE (WITHIN MOUAU)
(a) Acting Head of Department Jan 2017 to date
(b) Chairman, VCN Annual Dues Collection Committee 2018
(c) Member, College Post graduate Committee 2015 to date
(d) Member College Board 2015 to date
(e) Member Departmental Board 2015 to date
(f) Head of Unit, Theriogenology 2008 to 2010
(g) Member Senate Committee on State of University Equipment 2016 to Date
(h) Member Senate Committee on Investigation of Misconduct by 2015
Dr Ntoo of Department of Marketing
(i) Member, Induction Committee 2015 to date
(j) Member, College Laboratory Equipment Monitoring 2015
(k) Secretary, College Seminar Committee 2010 to date
(l) Member Local Organizing Committee, 2015, 2018
Workshop on Molecular Biotechnology Workshop
(m) Head of Unit, Theriogenology 2008 to 2010
(n) College Clinics Coordinator 2009 to 2010
1. K. Ayobami RAHEEM (2017) Introductory Theriogenology Eds University Press, Ibadan Pp 104 (Contributing Chapter 1, 5, 6 & 8).
CHAPTER IN BOOKS
2. K. Ayobami RAHEEM (2018) Landmark for rectal palpation in cow/heifer Chapter 4;19-22. In Handbook on Bovine rectal palpation with notes on Mare In Bovine with notes on Mare, 1st Eds edited by Leigh O.O., Sterling Horden Publisher, Ibadan.
3. K. Ayobami RAHEEM (2015) Brucellosis Monitoring in Livestock, Chapter 9: 60-77 In A Veterinary Public Health Clinic Manual, Edited by Bola Soyoola. Napthali Prints, Lagos.
PUBLICATION IN JOURNALS AND BOOKS OF PROCEEDING
4. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM and Okeychukwu Onyegbulam (2018) Assisted Parturition in A Balami Ewe. Nigeria Veterinary Journal, 39 (1): 75-80.
5. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM (2018) Cytokines, growth factor and macromolecules as mediators of implantation in mammalian species. International Journal of Veterinary Science and Medicine. (2018) Volume 6, Supplement:S6-S14. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2314459917301126
6. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM (2018) Maternal recognition of pregnancy in mammals. Journal of Saudi Society of Agricultural Science. (2017) Volume 16:1–6
7. Ukwueze, C. O., Babalola, S.A., Ukaha, R. O. and Raheem, K.A. (2017) A case report of dystocia treated by caesarean section in a primer West African dwarf doe. Nigeria Journal of Animal Production, 44 (4): 57-60.
8. Ali A Fouladi-Nashta, Kabir A. RAHEEM, Waleed F Marei, Fataneh Ghafari and Geraldine M Hartshorne. (2017) Regulation and roles of the hyaluronan system in mammalian. Reproduction, (2017) 153: R43–R58
9. KA Raheem (2016). Clinical Approach to Reproductive Diseases in Dogs and Cats. Clinical Seminar of College of Veterinary Medicine delivered at Veterinary Medicine Lab, June 6th, 2016. Pp 20
10. Waleed F.A. Marei, Kabir A. Raheem and A Fouladi-Nashta (2016) Influence of Hyluronan on endometrial receptivity and embryo attachment in sheep. Reproduction, Fertility and Sterility. 29 (9): 1763-1773, http://www.publish.csiro.au/RD/RD16232?CFID=29827930&CFTOKEN=6a4ff636581295b5-C98C687D-ADC2-E331-301B5B6CDC09387C
11. Kabir Ayobami Raheem, Ebere Obiageli Odirichukwu, Nneka Victoria Uchechukwu & Adaeze Ibiam (20116) Comparative Biometric Study of Internal Genitalia of White Fulani and Red Bororo Breeds of Cattle. Applied Tropical Agriculture. 21, (2):1-6
12. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM, Nneka Uchechukwu, Ebere Odirichukwu & Onyegbulam Okechukwu (2016) Placenta Retention in the Cow: Report of three cases. Sokoto Journal of Veterinary Sciences. 14(2): 72-76. http://www.sokvetjournal.net/index.php/component/content/article?id=267
13. Uchechukwu, Nneka V. S., Odirichukwu, Ebere O., Raheem, Ayobami K., Ifenkwe, Daniel C. (2016). A Case of Superfoetation in a Large White Sow. Journal of Agricultural and Veterinary Science. Volume 9, Issue 5 Ver. II: 63-66
14. WFA Marei, KA Raheem, M Salavati, T Tremaine, M Khalid and AA Fouladi-Nashta (2016) Hyaluronan and Hyaluronidase, which is better for embryo development? Theriogenology, (2016) 86 (4): 940-948
15. Kabir A Raheem, Waleed FA Marei, Bruce K Campbell; Ali A Fouladi-Nashta . (2016) In vivo and in vitro studies of MUC1 regulation in sheep endometrium. Theriogenology, 85(9): 1635–16431 http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0093691X16000315
16. Kabir Ayoobami RAHEEM (2014) A Review of Reproductive Events in Ewe Journal of Agriculture and Sustainable Environment 15 (2):258-275
17. Nwinyi Paul O. and K. Ayobami Raheem (2014) Prevalence of Bacterial Microflora and pathogens in lower reproductive tract of White Fulani cows in Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria. Journal of Agriculture and Sustainable Environment. 15 (2):290-295.
18. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM and Ali A, Fouladi-Nashta (2014) Isolation and characterisation of endometrial luminal epithelial and stromal cells in vitro Sokoto Journal of Veterinary Sciences Vol 12 (3) 1-8
19. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM and Olufisayo Oluwadamire LEIGH (2014) Supernumerary Teat in West Africa Dwarf Goat in Ibadan, Southwest Nigeria. Journal of Agricultural and Veterinary Science. Vol 7 (8) :60-63
20. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM (2014) Trypanosomosis-Induced Reproductive Dysfunctions in Male Animals-A Review. Agrosearch Vol 14(1):30-38 http://www.ajol.info/index.php/agrosh/article/view/107117/97007
21. Kabir A Raheem, Waleed F Marei, Karen Mifsud, Muhammad Khalid, D Claire Wathes and Ali A Fouladi-Nashta (2013) Regulation of the hyaluronan system in ovine endometrium by ovarian steroids Reproduction 145 491–504 http://www.reproduction-online.org/content/145/5/491.abstract
22. Zhangrui Cheng D., Robert E. Abayasekara, Freya Ward, Daniel M.W. Preece, Kabir A. Raheem, D. Claire Wathes (2013) Altering n-3 to n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid ratios affects prostaglandin production by ovine uterine endometrium. Animal Reproduction Science 143 (2013) 38– 47 http://www.animalreproductionscience.com/article/S0378-4320(13)00319-9/abstract
23. Leigh, O.O; Raheem, A.K and Olugbuyiro, J.A.O. (2010) Improving the reproductive efficiency of the goat: vaginal cytology and vulvar biometry as predictors of synchronized estrus/breeding time in West African Dwarf goat. International Journal of Morphology. 28 (3):923-928.
24. Ameen, S.A., Joshua, R.A., Okewole, E.A., Adedeji, O.S., Raheem, A.K., Ojedapo, L.O and Amao, S.R. (2010) The influence of three different levels of dietary energy on the susceptibility of West African Dwarf (WAD) goat to experimental Trypanosoma congolense infection. Folia Veterinaria, 54, 1: 14-18
25. Raheem, A.K., Ameen, S.A. and Leigh, O.O. (2010) Optimal breeding time in bitch using vaginal cytology: A Case Report. Sahel Journal Veterinary Sciences. 9 (1):7-11. http://www.ajol.info/index.php/sjvs/article/view/62453
26. Raheem A.K., Fayemi E.O., Leigh O.O. and Ameen S.A. (2009) Selected fertility parameters of West African Dwarf bucks experimentally infected with Trypanosoma congolense. Folia Veterinaria 53 2: 68-71
27. Leigh O.O., Fayemi, O.E., Ameen S.A., Ayinmode A.B, Raheem A.K, Olaniyi, M.O. (2008) Death Following the Regression of Transmissible Venereal Tumour (TVT) in a Nigerian Local Male Dog (Mongrel) treated with Oncovin (Vincristine). Folia Veterinaria. 52 2:95-97. http://www.ramiran.net/doc08/FOLIA/Leigh.pdf
28. Raheem A.K. and Ameen S.A. (2008) The future roles of veterinarian in food safety in Nigeria. Nigeria Veterinary Journal 29 (3): 64-67
29. Ameen S.A., R.A. Joshua, O.S. Adedeji, Raheem A.K., A.A. Akingbade and O.O. Leigh (2008) Preliminary studies on prevalence of ruminant trypanosomosis in Ogbomosho area of Oyo state, Nigeria. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research 3 (4) 214-218. http://idosi.org/mejsr/mejsr3(4)/7.pdf
30. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM, Nneka Victoria Uchechukwu, Ebere Odirichukwu (2016) Application of Assisted Reproductive Technologies to Boast Animal Reproduction In Nigeria. Oral Presentation. 6th African Veterinary Association/53rd Annual Congress Of The Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association Joint Congress 2016 Oct 31–Nov 4, 2016, Nsukka, Enugu State
31. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM and Okechukwu ONYEGBULA (2016) Hypocalcemia In A Balami Sheep, A Case Report. Oral Presentation. Book of Proceeding 6th African Veterinary Association/53rd Annual Congress Of The Nigerian Veterinary Medical Association Joint Congress 2016 Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2016, Nsukka, Enugu State.
32. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM, Olufisayo Oluwadamilare LEIGH and Lukman Oladimeji RAJI (2015) Trans-Rectal Palpation: An Appraisal of Its Teaching In Nigerian Veterinary Schools. Oral Presentation. Proceeding of the 51st Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria, 16th-20th November, Portharcourt. Pp: 23-24.
33. Leigh O.O., Raheem A.K., Ayoola M, C., Fayemi O.E. (2011) The effects of experimental with Trypanosome brucei on some aspects of follicular maturation and oocytes maturation morphological characteristics in West African Dwarf Goat. . Proceeding of the 48th Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria. 21st -25th November, 2011 Ilorin, Kwara State, Pp 30.
34. Raheem A.K., Ogbu, E., Njoku C.U. (2010) Estrus induction in bitch using an estrogen. Proceeding of the 47th Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria. Makurdi, 2010, Pp 23-24
35. Raheem A.K, Leigh O.O and Fatokun B.O. (2009) Libido score and clinical parameters of West African dwarf bucks experimentally infected with Trypanosoma congolense. Proceeding of the 46th Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria 19-23rd October, Anambra. Pp: 23-24.
36. Raheem A.K, Omomagbe J.O., Ogundijo S.O. (2009) Intussusception involving ileum and colon in a 5-month old Russian shepherd. Proceeding of the 46th Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria. 19-23rd October Anambra 2009 pg 72.
37. Ajala, O.O., Leigh, O.O., Raheem A.K. and Raji O.L. (2009) Conception following artificial insemination of West African dwarf does using fresh buck semen extended with pawpaw juice-egg yolk citrate. Proceeding of the 34th Annual Conference Nigeria Society for Animal Production University of Uyo, Uyo. March 15th -18th 2009.:85-87
38. Leigh O.O., Raheem A.K., Ayoola M, C., Fayemi O.E (2011) The effects of experimental with Trypanosome brucei on some aspects of follicular maturation and oocytes maturation morphological characteristics in West African Dwarf Goat.. Proceeding of the 48th Annual Conference Nigeria Veterinary Medical Association of Nigeria. 21st -25th November, 2011 Ilorin, Kwara State, Pp 30..
39. Kabir Ayobami RAHEEM and Ali Fouladi-Nashta (2015) Effect of Hyaluronan on some molecular markers of implantation in sheep endometrial cells in vitro. Society for Reproduction and fertility Oxford, UK 20 July 2015 - 22 July 2015 Reproduction Abstract 2 P007
40. Waleed F.A. Marei, Kabir A. Raheem, A Fouladi-Nashta (2016) Influence of Hyluronan on endometrial receptivity and embryo attachment in sheep. Reproduction, Fertility and Sterility.
41. Kabir A. Raheem, D. Claire Wathes and Ali A. Fouladi-Nashta (2013) Influence of steroids on expression of Hyaluronan and its related genes in sheep endometrial cell culture. Proceeding of the 2013 Annual conference of Society of Reproduction and Fertility Cambridge, July 09-11 2012
42. Kabir A. Raheem, Waleed F. Marei, Karen Mifsud, D. Claire Wathes and Ali A. Fouladi-Nashta (2012) Influence of ovarian steroid hormones on expression of hyaluronan and its associated genes and receptor in ovine uterus. Oral presentation/ Proceeding of the 2012 Annual conference Society of Reproduction and Fertility Edinburgh July 09-11 2012
43. Raheem A.K., Marei W.F., Wathes D.C., Fouladi-Nashta A.A. (2011) Progesterone regulation of hyaluronan synthesis in sheep uterus. Proceeding of the 2011 Annual Conference Society for Reproduction and Fertility. Brighton, July 11-13th 2011. Pp 60
44. Ameen S.A., O.S. Adedeji, Raheem A.K., Leigh O.O., Rafiu T.A. and Ige O.A. (2008) Current status of bovine tuberculosis in Ogbomosho area of Oyo state. Middle East Journal of Scientific Research. 3 (4): 207-210 http://idosi.org/mejsr/mejsr3(4)/5.pdf
Dr Ali Fouladi-Nashta
Dept of Comparative Biomedical Sciences
The Royal Veterinary College
Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms
Prof Victor Anosa
Department of Veterinary Pathology
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture
Dr Ameen Soliu
Department of Veterinary Medicine,
University of Ilorin